Editing Practice 2

Dancing Animals

This was my second editing practice. In this edit I used a lot more visual effects because in music videos people use a lot of usual effects and chopping and changing of scenes. So unlike my James Bond I have include a lot more visual effects and I've chopped and changed videos around more.

The song that features in the edit is called "German Whip". The reason I went for this song is because when I was starting the edit I found the video of the animals driving in the cars first. The first thought that came into my mind was how funny would it be to put "German Whip" into the edit while they are driving their car. A "Whip" is a slang word for a car. So the idea first came from a funny idea. As I started to add videos I slowly started to realise that it looked like the animals were rapping. So I tried my hardest to get the intensity of the song to go with the animals actions.

Half way though the edit I also changed the music to "Watch me" by Silento. This was also for a laugh. I found some dancing animals on the internet that looked like were doing the dance to the song. So I put the dance and the song together and it seemed to work.

Doing this edit really helped me get to grip with transition, effects and effects settings. Before the edit I was a little scared to touch them because they were unknown territory. But now that I have played around with them, I understand them better. This really helped me with my "Juno" project because I had to insert video effects and transitions to make it seem like the original video.

No comments:

Post a Comment