Juno Opening Scene

Juno Opening Scene

Overall I think our Juno opening scene went alright. The one thing we could of worked on was our story board. We diffident realise how important the story board was to the project and we did it too quickly. When we came to filming our footage we didn't have any timings on our storyboard so we had to guess the duration of each shot. This became a problem when I started editing because the clips that my group had filmed were not the length of the official Juno ones. This meant that my clips didn't match the officially "Juno" opening scene. Because of this I had to play around with the speed of the clips. So the clips in my project are now the same speed as the officially opening but some of the clips are sped up or slowed down. This makes my opening look quite inconsistent.

We also didn't put enough detail on our storyboard about the camera angles and movement. We quickly realised when filming that this was a problem, so I had to search the movie opening on my phone and we had to replicate it from watching it. This made the task a lot more time consuming.

My group was good at finding good locations to film at though. We managed to make the places used as much like "Juno" as possible. This made up a little for the speeding up and slowing down of clips. My group also used props well. We managed to keep the milk bottle in the right hand through at the whole project, we managed to get the leafs in for the foot scene and the wooden fence near the end of the scene. This gave my project a more professional look.

Editing "Juno" was actually quite fun. We had to find a visual effect that made the footage seem like a cartoon, so I used "Sharpen". Sharpening makes objects POP. Sharpening makes edges appear more defined by darkening the darker pixels. This creates a crisp edge between light and dark portions of a image, this gives it more contrast. I made the videos so sharpened that it gave it a cartoony effect.

I also added the officially "Juno" opening in the bottom right of my presentation, so people can compare my work to the original.

Luckily my group got all the footage we needed except for one little bit. In the opening scene we forgot about the tree "Juno" is meant to run past. This is quite crucial because when she goes pass the tree it simulates the start of cartoon graphics. Because this was quite an important that we needed I had to edit in a tree. This doesn't look too great and makes my work look quite unprofessional. But I will remember for next time to make sure we have all the small things because that's what makes a good film.

While editing "Juno" I found a way to speed up and slow down footage. This was really helpful because I could make timings perfect. I also learnt how to revise transition swipes and zooms. This becomes really helpful when you are trying to replicate footage.

In my next production I will defiantly make a better story board because story boards have turned out to be very important when creating a film/footage. I have also learned not to leave out the small things because getting the small thing right can make a huge difference to the film. In the next films I will also over shoot because I had to slow down some footage because there wasn't enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment